A Credit Card is much more than just a way to help you move cashless. It can help you earn some exciting rewards, and save money through cash back options. It can even help you build a good credit history. Moreover, it enables you to stay relevant in the present-day fad of a cashless economy.
A person with low income can also own a credit card. Credit cards have a variety of categories depending on income and priorities. There are a number of credit cards available in India which is designed for the persons whose monthly income is less than Rs.25,000.
1. SBI Simply Save Card
This Credit Card is perfect for you if you contribute considerably towards the purchase of household items including fuel. Some of the noteworthy features of this card include:
- A joining bonus of 2,000 points (Redeemable, at investments worth 2,000, within the first two months of issuance).
- 10x rewards on dining, movies, grocery and department store bills.
- 1 reward point for every 100 Rupees spent on other purchases and payments.
- Facility of redeeming reward points against outstanding bills.
- Points can be redeemed for gifts featured in SBI rewards catalogue.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between 500 and 3,000.
- Reimbursement of renewal fee at a total expense of 90,000 or more, during a year.
Available at a reasonable annual fee of 500, this card offers some incredible payment options through features like FlexiPay. The outstanding bills on this card usually attract an interest rate of 40.2% per annum.
2. YES Bank YES Prosperity Rewards Plus
Benefit from features designed to offer you a superior and rewarding payment experience.
- Age Criteria: Minimum 21 years to maximum 60 years
- Applicable for both salaried and self-employed with a minimum income of 25,000 Income Tax Return of INR 5 Lakhs and above
- Also available against fixed deposit
- Coverage in case of accidental death
- Rs. 125 waiver in statement cycle
3. HDFC Money Back Credit Card
The HDFC credit card is best known for the high reward points on the usage of the card.
- 250 cash back on the first transaction of 1000 within 45 days of card issuance
- Facility to redeem reward points as Cash Back. (100 Reward Points = 30)
- Waiver of 2.5 % fuel surcharge
- 2 Reward Points on every 150 spent on all retail purchases.
- 4 Reward Points for every online purchase.
- The reward points are valid upto 2 years.
While the annual fee for this Credit Card varies from person to person, you can get it waived by ensuring an expense of 10,000 with the first 90 days of card activation. In case you spend 50,000 or more in the first year, you can expect a renewal fee waiver.
The payments through this card are liable to be charged with the recently deployed Goods & Service Tax (GST) at 18%.
4. ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa
ICICI Bank Credit Card entitles you to earn PAYBACK Points on your transactions. PAYBACK, India’s largest Reward Programme, has powered ICICI Bank Rewards to bring you a suite of exciting rewards from your everyday spending.
- Earn 2 PAYBACK Points on every ₹ 100 spent for all retail purchases except fuel. Your points are easily redeemable for attractive products through PAYBACK, India’s largest multi-partner coalition loyalty programme.
- Get 1 PAYBACK Point on every ₹ 100 spent on utilities and insurance categories.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions of maximum ₹ 4,000 at HPCL pumps.
- Built-in contactless technology to make instant transactions at NFC enabled POS terminals.
- Save minimum 15% at partner restaurants under ICICI’s Culinary Treats program.
5. CITI Cash Back Credit Cards
This card is designed to help you earn commendable cash back on prominent bills. Not only does it help you enjoy some fantastic savings, but also offers cash rebates and other benefits. Some of the most eminent features of this card include:
- Tap-and-pay at merchant terminals, without entering the PIN (for bills of up to 2,000)
- 5% cash back on movie ticket purchases
- 5% cash back on all your telephone bill payments
- Get 5% cash back on utility bill payments (on the use of Citibank Online Bill Pay)
CITI Cash Back Credit Card is available at a membership fee of 500, and enjoys a validity of 12 months. The holder is required to pay the same amount for the renewal of the card.
The spending on the card is liable to a variable interest rate, within the range of 37.20% and 42.00% per annum. However, this may vary depending on the various aspects such as credit limit utilization and repayment patterns amongst others.
6. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
This credit card is the perfect pick for you if you earn a minimum of 25,000 a month or more. Available at an entry fee of 399, you will need to pay 750 to renew this card. You also get:
- A bonus of 1000 rewards points, if you make a transaction within 60 days of issuance
- A bonus of 500 points for online banking registration
- 20% cashback on Uber rides
- 5x reward points on every 150 spent on dining and fuel bills
- 1x reward points on every 150 spent on other items
As is the case with most other cards, the outstanding bill on this card usually attracts an interest rate of 41.88% per annum.
7. SBI Simplyclick Credit Card
SBI provides another credit cards for people who are earning less than Rs.25,000 per month. This card comes with multiple benefits for the cardholder.
- As the joining benefit, one will receive a gift voucher of Amazon.com worth Rs.500.
- At the spent of Rs.1 lakh in a year, you will be rewarded with e-voucher worth ₹2,000.
- On every spent of Rs.100, 1 reward point can be earned.
- If you shop online with this card, your rewards points can become 5X.
- There are a few companies with which this card provider has a partnership. The partner companies are BookMyShow, Amazon, UrbanClap, FoodPanda and Lenskart. So using your card with any of those partner companies can make you earn 10x reward points.
- Along with all those 1% of fuel surcharge can be enjoyed on the transaction of Rs.Rs.500 to Rs.3,000. The annual fee of this card is Rs.499 which can be reversed on the spent of 1 lakh and more in a year.
8. ICICI Coral Visa Credit Card
One of the best credit cards for anyone earning up to 30,000 a month, this international credit card offers numerous advantages such as:
- A complimentary Provogue tie as a welcome gift
- Two complimentary movies every month through www.bookmyshow.com website.
- 15% discount on dining bills at over 800 restaurants across the country
- 2x cash reward points on dining, groceries, supermarkets bills
- Up to 10,000 PAYBACK points, every anniversary year.
- One complimentary visit to the domestic airport lounge, every quarter.
- One complimentary visit to the domestic railway lounge, every quarter.
9. Andhra Bank RuPay Select and Visa Classic
Minimum salary required is Rs 25,000
- 50% of credit limit cash advance facility
- No joining fee
- Up to 50 days free credit period
- Free lost card insurance cover