A gold loan is a loan against gold. It is a secured loan where gold articles such as gold jewellery, bullion etc. are taken as collateral by the lending bank/NBFC. The loan is given to the borrower against this gold as collateral.
Reasons to invest in Gold
Safety, Returns and Liquidity are the three criteria to look for before making any investment.
- Gold investment is worthwhile because it is an inflation-beating investment. Over a period of time, the return on gold investment is in line with the rate of inflation.
- Gold has an inverse relationship to equity investments.
Features of Gold Loan
There are some cases in which we have to borrow money on an urgent basis in order to meet pressing needs. In such situations, one can think of opting for a gold loan. If you have sufficient gold assets with you, you can avail a gold loan by using them as collateral.
Here are the key features offered by a gold loan:
- A gold loan is an easy and quick way of meeting one’s financial needs as opposed to other loans.
- There is no requirement of a good credit history to get a gold loan as it is a secured loan.
- The loan disbursal time is minimal.
- The paperwork involved is quick and seamless. This is because gold is the collateral which you deposit with the lender.
Minimum/maximum tenure of the Gold Loan :
- The minimum tenure of our gold loan: 7 days
- The maximum tenure is 12 months (Normal Schemes) and 36 months (EMI based Scheme).
- It is important to know that each loan has a different tenure.
Benefits of taking a Gold Loan
- Fast loan disbursal
- Customer oriented Services
- Minimal documentation
- In-house gold evaluation
- Get minimum loan amount of ₹1500 and no maximum limit
- Pre-payment option-with no penalty
Why Choose a Gold Loan?
Here are the top reasons why people choose gold loan:
- You get easy and quick financing at attractive interest rates when you avail a gold loan.
- Minimum amount of documentation is required.
- Quick disbursement of the loan.
- When compared to most of the other loan options, gold loans feature an interest rate that is low.