One can opt for MSME registration online and offline as well. The registration process for both the manufacturing sectors and service sectors can be done on a single platform of msme.gov.in. Following is the process of MSME registration.
Fill up the form for MSME registration
- Go to the website of the MSME online application or paste this URL in another tab https://msme.gov.in/online-application.
- Fill up the form online or take a print out and fill-up the form offline.
Prepare the documents
Prepare the documents with the assistance of the experts at MSME.
The process can take up to 2 working days.
Make the application
- Submit the application form coupled with the required documents.
- After submitting the application, verification takes place.
- The verification can take up to 2 working days.
Approval and registration
- The registration will be done if the application has been approved.
- The MSME certificate will be delivered to you.
The MSME registration application form contains the following components.
- Aadhaar details, PAN details, social category and gender of the entrepreneur.
- Name and type of enterprise.
- Address and contact details.
- Investment amount.
- Employee number.
The MSME registration fee is ₹ 1,999. Applicants can pay the fees using the online payment gateways. However, keep the investment limit in mind while applying for the registration.
Documents required for MSME Registration Online
- Aadhaar card
- Rent agreement
- Property paper
- Cancelled Cheque
- Company Registration i.e., Sale or Purchase Bill and PAN card
Business Address Proof
For self-owned premise: Lease deed, property tax receipt, possession letter, allotment letter, etc.
For rented premise: NOC from the landlord, rent receipts, utility bills or document evidencing the landlord’s ownership, etc.
The charges to get MSME certificate are Rs. 1999 (all inclusive) per certificate and can be paid by their secured gateways.
- Copies of Sale and Purchase Bills
- Partnership Deed
- Memorandum of Association (MoA)
- Articles of Association (AoA)
- Copies of Licenses and Bills of Machinery Purchased
Components of MSME application form
- Aadhar number
- Name of Entrepreneur as per Aadhar card
- Social category (General, OBC, SC/ST)
- Physically Handicapped
- Name of Enterprise
- Type of Organization (Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Private or Public Limited Company, Limited Liability Partnership, Cooperative Society, Hindu Undivided Family, Self-Help Group, Society or Trust)
- PAN Card
- Location/Address of Plant
- Country, State, District, City, Tehsil, PIN Code
- Office Address
- Mobile Number, Email ID
- Date of Commencement of Business
- Bank account number and IFSC code
- Business activity of enterprise
- NIC 2 Digit Code – choose primary activity
- Additional detail of enterprise
- Number of employees
- Investment amount in Plant & Machinery
MSME certificates act as evidence of MSME registration. For registering more than one enterprise, applicants must go through separate MSME registration online or offline. The fees will be charged accordingly. Each enterprise will be allotted with an individual MSME certificate.