Launching e shram card in the country is one of the greatest initiatives taken by the government to provide social & financial security to the laborers of the country. e shram card yojana is going to be beneficial for the construction laborers, street vendors, migrant workers, & low-income laborers. To take the benefit of the e shramik card, firstly, you will have to apply for the social security scheme. The best advantage of shram card is that you can self make the registration for this scheme at ease.
You don’t have to visit outside for the registration of e shramika yojana. But people who are illiterate & they are unable to operate computer PC & mobile, they can visit the nearest common service centers.
Before going further, lets understand that what is E-shram yojna and how it passes the benefits to needful. E- shram scheme was started in August 2021 by our honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi.
The vision behind launching this scheme is to provide benefits to those workers & labors who are working in unorganized sectors. In short, this scheme was started for the betterment of labor class lobby. It runs under the guidelines of Ministry of Labour & Employment.
One can register his/her name for E-sharm scheme online through E-shram portal. This portal was designed to collect and make a database of workers working in unorganized sectors which is called National Database of Unorganized Workers.
Your housemaid / servant, servant / salesgirl / sales boy working in your shop and nearby shops, rickshaw puller etc. all has free insurance of Rs. 2 lakh and free treatment up to Rs. 5 lakh.
Types of Persons Covered under the E-Shram Scheme
- Marginal Farmers
- Small Farmers
- Agricultural Labourers
- Construction Workers
- Leather Labourers
- Animal Husbandry Workers
- Beedi Rollers
- Other Workers Engaged in the Unorganised Sectors
Who is eligible?
- All persons whose age is between 16 and 59 years
Who is not eligible?
- One who collects income tax
- Who is a member of CPS/NPS/EPFO/ESIC
What will be the benefit?
- Free insurance of Rs 2 lakh
- Benefit of all schemes of labor department like scholarship to children, free cycle, free sewing machine, free tools for your work etc.
In future, the ration card will be linked to this, so that ration will be available from any ration shop in the country.
E-Shram Card Registration 2022
E-shram portal is an online platform launched by Ministry of Labour & Employment for E-shram card registrations. Workers can use this portal for registration and other needful activities related to shramik scheme.
It can be also used to get updates about latest schemes and jobs offered by govt for workers & labors. As we said earlier, government has launched E-shram portal to collect all the information of workers who fall under unorganized sectors.
E-Shram Card Benefits
E-shram yojna was started for the welfare of those workers who are working in unorganized industries. Under this scheme, lots of benefits are provided to the workers that helps them to improve their lifestyle. we have listed below some of E-shram card benefits.
- Accidental cover of 2 lakh rupees (In case of worker’s death).
- New job opportunities for skilled workers & labors.
- Cover of 1 lakh rupees (In case of worker becomes handicap).
- Waiver of one year premium for registered workers.
- Bima Yojana insurance cover for all the registered workers.
- Govt. launches social security schemes under E-shram yojna.
Documents Required for E-Shramik Card
In order to complete the E-shram card registration, workers need a set of documents which we have mentioned below. As per the latest guidelines issued by Ministry of Labour & Employment, all below shared documents are mandatory to get E-shram card.
- Aadhaar Number
- Aadhar Linked Active Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
Note: The worker’s age should be between 16 to 59 years only.
E-Shram Card Registration 2022 Process
The process to register for E-shram card is very simple. User can do self registration for E-shram card through the E-shram portal. First of all, you need to have all the necessary documents like aadhaar number, aadhaar linked active mobile number and bank account number.
Once you collect these documents, simply follow the below shared E-shramik card registration process.
Step 1- Visit the official website of E- shram yojna by clicking on this link https://register.eshram.gov.in/.
Step 2- On homepage, you will see the “Self Registration” section where you have to fill all the required details.
Step 3- Enter aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha in the text box.
Step 4- Select Yes/No (Select “Yes” if you are the member of EPFO or ESIC otherwise select “No”)
Step 5- Once you fill all the details, click on “Sent OTP” and you will receive an OTP which you have to enter for further process.
Step 6- You will get an application form on your screen, fill all the required details on the form.
Step 7- Upload necessary documents and submit the application form online.
Step 8- Take a printout receipt for future references.
How to Download E-Shram UAN Card?
Workers who have already registered under E-shram scheme can download their UAN card online. We have also shared a detailed process below through which one can download his/her UAN card in pdf format
Step 1- Visit the official site https://register.eshram.gov.in/.
Step 2- Click on “Already Registered”.
Step 3- Enter your aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha in textbox.
Step 4- Click on “Sent OTP” and enter that OTP for further process.
Step 5- Now you have entered in digital seva portal from where you can download your E- shram UAN card in pdf format.
UP E-Shramik Card Online Registration
Honorable chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Mr. Yogi Adityanath has announced that he will give a funding of 500 rupees per month to each & every worker registered under E-sharm scheme 2022.
If you are a resident of U.P and want to register your name for E-shramik card then do the registration today. The complete process for E-shram card registration is already shared above.
E Shram Card benefits and important points
- As we are already aware of the e shram card yojana that this scheme was launched by the central government on 26th August 2021.
- In this scheme, beneficiaries will be provided an Accidental Death Insurance worth 2 lakh rupees while partially handicapped people will also get 1 lakh rupees after the incident.
- For the e shram yojana 2022, the government has allotted a budget of Rs 404 crore.
- All types of workers related to the unorganized sector can apply for the e shram yojana.
- Any person who pays the income tax will not be eligible to apply for the e shram card.
- Member of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) are also not included in the e shram card scheme of the government.
- If you are a citizen of Uttar Pradesh state & have made registration under the unorganized Eshram Yojana of the Government, you will be able to receive an amount of Rs 500 before March 2022.