UIDAI has replaced the existing QR code on e-Aadhaar that contained resident’s demographic statistics with a secure QR code that provides demographics as well as the Aadhaar holder’s photograph.
Now, Aadhaar has two QR codes, and this information will be signed with a UIDAI digital signature to make it more secure and tamper-proof. A small one on the front with only demographic data and another one which is a large one on the top portion of the front and back sides of the cutaway portion of the front and back sides of the cutaway portion with demographic data and a photo.
According to the UIDAI website, e-Aadhaar QR codes contain demographic information about the resident such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, and Masked Aadhaar Number. In addition, the larger QR code includes a photograph.
UIDAI has replaced the existing QR code on e-Aadhaar that featured demographic information for residents with a secure QR code that includes demographic information as well as the Aadhaar holder’s photograph.
Aadhaar now has two QR codes, and this data will be authenticated by a UIDAI digital signature to make it more secure and tamper-resistant. A tiny one on the front with merely demographic data and another large one on the top portion of the cutaway portion’s front and back sides with demographic data and a photo.
e-Aadhaar QR codes, according to the UIDAI website, contain demographic information about the resident, including Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, and Masked Aadhaar Number. A photograph is also included in the larger QR code.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) developed the Aadhaar QR Code Scanner software to allow users to scan and check the data included in the QR code displayed on eAadhaar and printed Aadhaar PVC cards.
According to UIDAI’s tweet, you may swiftly and easily authenticate your identity by scanning the QR code on your Aadhaar PVC card with QR code scanners or the mAadhaar mobile application.
You may have noticed that the printed Aadhaar has a QR Code. This is a QR code that has been digitally signed and can be used for authentication. Simply launch the QR Code Scanner in your mAadhaar app and scan the QR Code on the given Aadhaar. On the screen, the demographic information as well as a photograph of the Aadhaar bearer would be presented. You can match these to the Aadhaar presenter to verify identification.
Steps to get access to the Aadhar Card Scanner
- Point your camera to QR code that you want to scan, the Aadhar scanner app will detect it automatically.
- Scan your Aadhar QR code and get all mAadhar details like UID, Name, Gender, Dob, Address, Postal code etc.
Now, you will get your own Aadhar card scanner on your mobile for free.
Aadhar Card Scanner Features
Following are the features of the Aadhar card scanner
- Quickly Scan your Aadhar card QR- code and get all your Aadhar details in on your phone.
- Autodetection of Aadhar card.
- View/Read your Aadhar card in PDF format.
- Show your Aadhar card on the smartphone or send to others.
- Check your Aadhar card application status and Aadhar card correction details.
- User-friendly interface using material design.
- Works offline.
- No user data is stored anywhere.
- It also shares updates from time to time about the latest information regarding Aadhar and digital India.
What is a QR scan Code in Aadhaar?
The Secure QR code is a UIDAI digitally signed visual code containing demographics and photographs of the Aadhaar holder.
QR codes of e-Aadhaar contain demographic details of a resident like a Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, and Masked Aadhaar Number. In addition, the larger QR code contains photographs also.
Aadhaar can be verified through mAadhaar app as well as UIDAI’s Website:
Verify Aadhaar through mAadhaar app
- The printed Aadhaar has a QR Code.
- All you need to do is, open the QR Code Scanner in your mAadhaar app and Scan the QR Code on the presented Aadhaar.
- The demographic details of the Aadhaar holder along with a photograph will appear on the screen.
- You can match these to the Aadhaar presenter to verify identity.
UIDAI e-Aadhaar letter contains two QR Codes – Small one on the front side of cutaway portion with demographic data only; and a large one on the top portion of the front side and rear side of cutaway portion, with demographic data and photo. Further, to make this Information more secured and tamper-proof, it will be signed with UIDAI digital signature. Therefore, any fraud attempted on e-Aadhaar can be easily detected by using QR Code scanner.
This new digitally signed QR code can be read ONLY utilising UIDAI’s windows based Custom client for desktops/laptops and validated against UIDAI digital signatures in real time according to the UIDAI website. As a result, any effort at e-Aadhaar fraud can be immediately identified using a QR Code reader.
Online or offline, any Aadhaar card may be validated. To verify offline, scan the QR code on your e-Aadhaar, Aadhaar letter, or AadhaarPVCcard. This QR code scanner can be used to check the validity of an Aadhaar card that has been provided to you.
Verify Aadhaar through the UIDAI website
- Click on the UIDAI website.
- Select ‘Verify an Aadhaar Number’ from the services section.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar Number and captcha verification.
- Now, proceed to verify.
- If the presented Aadhaar is authentic, it will be verified.
- Details like the age band, gender, state, and last three/ four digits of the registered mobile number associated with that Aadhaar will be visible on the screen.
If the Aadhaar presented is genuine, it will be confirmed. Information in the QR Code is secure and tamper-proof as it is digitally signed by UIDAI. The latest digitally signed QR code can only be read via the Windows-based framework of UIDAI and validated against UIDAI digital signatures. Additionally, a good quality STQC certified QR Code scanner will be required. There will be two QR codes – a small one on the front of the cutaway portion with demographic data only; and a large one on the top of the front and back of the cutaway portion with demographic data and pictures. Therefore, any attempted fraud one-Aadhaar can be quickly identified by using the QR Code scanner. Using this service, you can check and verify the identity of any visitor, maid, or driver, especially if you need proof of identity to verify the records of the person.